Every time I leave the house I have my camera with me, I guess it has developed into a bit of a habit (: But even if I have my camera there are still other things that prove to be helpful in finding that one winner shot out of hundreds (at least in my experience). Things you want when your leaving the house;
- Your camera obviously!
- If you are someone with long hair I would say a hair tie, I have always run into problems on a windy day when my hair is blowing around in front of my lens and all over my face!
- Bring either a tripod or a person, i have often used the top of someones head as a flat surface similar to a tripod. One cheep and easy tripod is the DIY string tripod. Also for $10.00 you can get the Bottle cap tripod.
- Before you leave the house check your camera’s battery, or always have an extra in your camera bag!
- If you are in the rainy season make sure your bag is water proof or if you are cheep like me just a plastic zip lock bags works fine to keep your camera dry.
- depending on your camera, make sure you have the right lenses for where ever you are going or whatever picture you are planning on taking. (Ex. Flower garden=macro lens for those colorful close-up shots).
- If you are using a film camera you may want extra film or flashes.
- Extra memory chips if you are planing to take TONS of pictures or you are at risk of running out of room.
- If where ever you are going you are planning on staying the night, bring a charger and a computer cable (if you have your computer with you).
- Something to clean your lenses in case of emergency!
- for those of use who find ourselves running out of the house holding our shoes and dropping things every which way, Iwould suggest putting all of your camera essentials in a handy camera bag. They can get a little pricey, but it really is worth it. Without one there is the risk of dirt and scratches on your lenses and your camera. Here are some ideas. Example of a super organized bag… i defiantly don’t have that many camera parts ->
Just remember, even if you don’t have some of these things with you don’t worry! Many of the pictures I have taken I have been completely unorganized. good luck and embrace the moment 😀